"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Sunday, August 25, 2013

homecoming talk.

Today I gave my homecoming talk! I feel like it was just yesterday that I gave my farewell talk. My talk focused a lot on the importance of families and how we can have a successful family. In the Family Proclamation it says, "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord, Jesus Christ." Since my families baptism back in 2008, we have been able to see that promise fulfilled in our own home. By all means we do not have the perfect family because that's not what Heavenly Father expects from us. Actually, He knows that that isn't achievable in this life. However, what is achievable is success and that success comes from following the counsel from the prophets and apostles, obeying what the scriptures teaches us and having a home where the spirit can always be felt.

It was amazing to be able to see everyone that had supported me the whole 18 month journey. I felt so loved today. I know that my ward is truly my ward family. I know that Heavenly Father placed me in that ward for a specific reason and that reason was to help raise me in the gospel. I truly was born of goodly parents who raised me to the best of their abilities without the gospel and it was through their examples that when I was finally taught the true gospel of Jesus Christ, it was almost second nature to just automatically accept it into my life. I wish I had more time to say my hello's and goodbye's to everyone but...it's time for me to get ready for Utah.

{my welcome home sign from gracie girl and hunter}

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment