"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Sunday, October 27, 2013

happy day.

I'm almost certain that this will be the last warm Sunday until the end of winter semester. After a great session of stake conference, I really wanted to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather! So, Adam and I took a little adventure down to the Provo canon and went on a little walk. As we were strolling down the trail, Adam saw another trail that looked more "adventurous" and convinced me to ollow him. We had to be back by 5pm and it was already 4:15 but he insisted we'd get back home on time.

We walked up the hill and was able to discover a beautiful view. We continued up the path and that's when we realized that we couldn't see our original trail anymore. He told me not to worry and that the trail we were on would lead us right back to where we started... 


Well, we ended up sliding under a barb wire fence and climbing over another one. Once we were both on our feet again...we found our original trail :) and...we got home right at 5:00pm. 

Tonight we got to have the elders from our stake come over for dinner! I got their number from Kaylee to see if I could get the names of their investigators so I could pray for them. I mentioned how we could feed them and it turned out that they didn't have dinner tonight! It was such a treat to have the missionaries in our apartment. I now understand why members from my mission would always tell my companion and I that we would bring a special spirit into their home - it's so true! We are fortunate to feed them for the next two Sundays so we are excited! 


Later I got to goof around with Adam and we had a great time together laughing and being silly. I love Sunday's! Oh, and my recent convert received the Melchizedek priesthood today!!! I love how Sunday's are the days where I get to make my weekly contact with my recent converts. Just hearing how they are doing and how the gospel is continuing to bless their lives brings me pure joy. Man, I wish tomorrow wasn't Monday. 

love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment