"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Sunday, October 6, 2013

conference weekend.

This weekend was amazing, both temporally and spiritually.

Temporally:
Friday night I went to my mission reunion and got to finally hug President Baker! I served all but my last eight weeks with him and he played a huge role in the type of missionary and daughter of God I ended up becoming. He's absolutely incredible and I'm grateful that God placed him and his wife into my life. Seeing other missionaries I served with was also fun. Being able to catch up on old memories and about the people we got to teach was a walk down memory lane. Man, being a missionary seriously was the best. 

Saturday I had lunch with Adam (different one...we'll call him Adam 2) before we watched the afternoon session of conference at his house together. Gotta love pizza and general conference! I started to feel sick and really tired because of all the lack of sleep I've been getting so when I finally got home, I just crashed on the couch for a few hours - so good! 

Afterward, I decided to make myself more "social" so I went to the ward dessert party...alone. Of course it was ice cream so I couldn't have any but I met a few new faces! I then stopped by Adam's before leaving and he said if I was still awake at midnight...he was planning on going on a bike ride and that I should join him. Although my sleep patterns had been absolutely horrible...I couldn't say no. He came by around 12:30ish and took me on a ride while I sat on his handle bars. Since I'm still so new to Provo, he showed me around campus. It was a cold yet rather enjoyable evening. 

For the Sunday afternoon session, I went with Kevin (formerly known as Elder Pack) to his dad's house so I could meet his dad for the first time! On my mission we had the opportunity to teach members, less actives and non-members over the phone and his dad was someone I would teach!! He was one of my favorites because he was so stubborn and I could totally call him out on things and he would think it was funny!! Finally meeting him was such a treat and he was everything I imagined him to be. I'm so glad I got to meet him!

Spiritually:
General Conference weekends are always my favorite. The week before General Conference I always prayerfully think of questions that I want/need to find answers to. I pray about those questions throughout the week and almost every time do all of my questions get answered. The reason why I love General Conference is because the speakers are never assigned topics to speak on! How cool is that? Each of them pray, fast, study the scriptures, attend the temple often, etc to know what exactly Heavenly Father wants them to speak on. I'm so grateful for that because whenever I do receive an answer, I know it's through the mouth of another person. Watching all four sessions of General Conference was so relaxing this time. I even got to watch the Sunday morning session alone which I loved because it was just me and the TV. I received the most revelation in that session.

Do you want to know what some of the talks from General Conference were? If you visit this website (lds.org) and here you will find the talks either on video or via print on the website! Here were some of my favorites:

1. "Strengthening Faith and Testimony" - Elder Robert D. Hales (Saturday Morning)
2. "Be Meek and Lowly of Heart" - Elder Ulissess Soares (Saturday Morning)
3. "Come, Join With Us" - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Saturday Morning)
4. "Personal Strength through the Atonement of Jesus Christ" - Elder Richard G. Scott (Sunday Morning)
5. "Put Your Trust in the Lord" - Elder M. Russell Ballard (Saturday Afternoon)
6. "Power in the Priesthood" - Elder Neil L. Andersen (Sunday Afternoon)

love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment