I seriously cannot believe that I have only been home for three months. It feels so much longer. Every time I see a new missionary coming home from my mission I feel older...and older...and older. Sadly my last companion won't come home until around my year mark...I miss her so much! As I think about the past three months, I'm happy with where I'm at. I feel like I've really taken the counsel of my two mission presidents on how to apply the mission to my every day life. They told me that the commitments I extended to people every day such as reading the scriptures, praying, attending the temple, going to church, living the Word of Wisdom, etc should all be the same commandments I'm committing myself to live when I go home. One thing that I know that I need to do better on is my scripture study. I do it every day out of habit but...I don't necessarily do it out of desire. That's my goal for this next month - study the scriptures, don't just read them!
Here is a video of some of my memories from the mission. My mission was seriously the best decision of and for my life. I cannot imagine my life without it. I cannot imagine raising a family without the knowledge I gained from my mission. I needed to go on a mission in order to learn all of those valuable lessons for myself. Missions are just an incredible experience to know and to learn the type of life our Heavenly Father wants us to live. You learn so much about the Gospel and how to relate it to everyday conversation. You learn and experience all of the Christlike attributes and your flaws are definitely shown through the process. But I think most importantly a stronger, indescribable relationship is established between you and the Savior, Jesus Christ. I loved my mission so much. Not a day goes by when I don't think about it. It has changed my life and it continues to bless my life. I love being able to be a member missionary and to help missionaries in their efforts!
Here is a video of some of my memories from the mission. My mission was seriously the best decision of and for my life. I cannot imagine my life without it. I cannot imagine raising a family without the knowledge I gained from my mission. I needed to go on a mission in order to learn all of those valuable lessons for myself. Missions are just an incredible experience to know and to learn the type of life our Heavenly Father wants us to live. You learn so much about the Gospel and how to relate it to everyday conversation. You learn and experience all of the Christlike attributes and your flaws are definitely shown through the process. But I think most importantly a stronger, indescribable relationship is established between you and the Savior, Jesus Christ. I loved my mission so much. Not a day goes by when I don't think about it. It has changed my life and it continues to bless my life. I love being able to be a member missionary and to help missionaries in their efforts!
love,
Liv
Awesome video! And I got to hear my son's voice too! Ha ha.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I miss hearing his southern accent! He's one of the reasons why I say ya'll and other words alllllll the time
ReplyDelete