"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Monday, September 30, 2013

visiting teaching.

Today was the last day that I could go do my visiting teaching with my roommate. In Relief Society, we have something called Visiting Teaching where we are paired up with a "companion", another sister from Relief Society to be our partner. We are then assigned 1-2 other sisters to go visit and share a message with. We had visited one of the sisters last week but this past Sunday we were suppose to visit our second one. However, there were unexpected meetings that came up and my roommate went out of town so we were unable to do it on Sunday. The last day we could do it was today. With it being Family Home Evening and with both my roommate and I having late classes, the only option we had was to do it after Family Home Evening. We didn't finish till 9pm and the sister we wanted to visit wasn't available until around 10pm. So we were pretty much on call tonight haha and waited for when we could come over. The sister we visited was so grateful that we came by and that we were persistent. I almost wanted to give up and just blame it all on our "busy lives" but the voice of my mission president came to my mind on how he invited us to be 100% Home and Visiting Teachers and I knew that I needed to do it! Even though I was so sick last night, we still went over and it was a great mini lesson. 

I know that the time to serve usually comes at unexpected times when we are completely busy but if we put those service opportunities first and take the time to serve our brothers and sisters, the Lord will bless us. 

love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment