"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

He's mindful.

As I was washing my hands in the sink just now, I had this sudden rush of emotion come over me. I had what was I guess a "glimpse of the future" and saw my brother walking out of the gates of the airport, coming home from his mission. I imagined myself hugging him and just telling him how proud I was of him. It felt so good to see him. When my vision came back to reality, tears formed in my eyes and dramatically fell down my cheeks. I really can't wait to see him again.

Me going on a mission was something my family already expected of me because I had talked about doing it even before I joined the church. However, Richie struggled a little and we were all unsure if he would actually serve a mission or not. When he finally made that decision on his own at age 20, my heart was full of gratitude for my Heavenly Father in awknowledging my prayers. I seriously am so proud of my brother. I miss him so much but I know what he's doing is the best thing for his life. He has changed in many ways and I can't wait to see what these next 11 months will bring him. We truly change and become more like the Savior when we serve others. 

"When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." - Mosiah2:17, page 148 in the Book of Mormon

love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment