"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Saturday, September 21, 2013

one month.

I cannot believe that it has been a full month since I've been home from my mission. WHERE DID TIME GO??? A month ago I had a set bedtime for 10:30pm every single night. A month ago I had a companion who I was with 24/7. A month ago I said my goodbyes to the most amazing sisters, senior couples and to LA. So much has happened in this month...but seriously, it's ridiculous to think how much has happened! Don't get me wrong, I love being home. I love being able to communicate with my family whenever I want, to listen to country music, to sleep in on occasion - all are good things! I just feel like my mission was a complete dream. I can't believe that I actually spent 18 months of my life away from all of those things. I can't believe that I was literally with someone 24/7 for 18 straight months. I can't believe how much I've cried in 18 months and that it was even possible to cry that much! But overall, I think that's the best way to put it - it just feels like a dream. However, when my recent converts text me to see how I'm doing and when I hear of their success...I'm always reminded that one of many reasons why I did what I did...was because of them. I know that I was sent to Los Angeles, California just for them and that I needed to teach them because I needed to learn from them. God has a plan and this truly is His work.

love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment