"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Friday, September 20, 2013

it's friiiiiday!


Fridays are my favorite days of the week. I get done with classes by 10:50 and then go straight to the library to work on homework that's due on Monday. Since coming home from my mission I have taken my education a lot more seriously to the point where the people in the library probably recognize me now.

I got to meet with my academic advisor which was a breathe of fresh air because all of my stressed was finally lifted! The major that I'm currently in (Early Childhood Education) is great but because I'm not in the program yet til next semester, I won't graduate until Winter 2016. Umm...yeah nope! It didn't make any sense to me because I figured since I had my associates that I would finish in 2015 as inticipated. Well, I randomly ran j to a girl that I knew back at BYUI and she too just recently got home from her mission (Salt Lake City VC!!). She mentioned how she changed her major to family studies and told me what it entailed. It got me curious and so after going to the orientation for it yesterday, I realized that this was the exact major I was taking at BYUI just different names! So today when I met with my advisor, she informed me that a lot of my credits from BYUI can replace my needed credits for this major and now my graduation goal is Winter 2015 :) I'm so grateful that I talked to my friend! 

My roommates and I all went to the temple tonight. We were suppose to do a session but one of the guys had an expired temple recommend so us girls went in to do something else. It was so awesome to see all of my roommates in the temple. To know that I am surrounded by good people, who have the same goals as me and is trying to be their best just makes the transitioning process a lot more easier. They just get me. I know that the temple is the house of the Lord and it is a place where the Spirit can be felt so strongly. It's where I've been able to go and receive answers to my prayers. It's where I've been able to learn more about the plan that God has for me. Watch this video to learn why it is that Mormon's build temples!

http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1198212594001

love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment