"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

my pday

Today was the first day of school. I remember caring how I looked on my first day but I totally rocked the "sister missionary" look wearing church clothes and my hair up for the simple fact that I was too lazy to wash it this morning. I got to have lunch with my trainer aka my mom aka sister cole aka kiersten cole...I don't think I could ever call her anything but "mom". It was so good to see her. Catching up on her life and the things that are occupying her mind made me grateful that amongst the struggles we had together...I can truly consider her as one of my dearest friends. We talked about the mission for a bit and transitioning and because she knows me so well...she could tell by the look I was giving that deep down I was struggling. I had a little breakdown with her because I just miss the mission so much. Monday's are the best because I get to hear from my old companions but at the same time it just makes me miss the work. Every time I look at the clock, I think about what my past companions could be doing. I just miss all of it. But seeing my mama and just getting advice from her helped me more then she probably thought.

Thankfully I only had one class today and it was Old Testament so I was pumped. I can tell it's going to be a hard course but I know that I'm going to be learning so much! After class I went to do a session at the temple. I love the temple so much and with it just be a few minutes away, how could I not go often?!? It was cool because I was able to do a session with a lot of missionaries from the MTC and that just brought back a flood of memories. 

Overall, today was great. I have decided that Tuesdays will be my "pdays" where I make sure to get everything done. You see, it's little things like that, choosing what day will be my pday that makes me so grateful for the decision I made to serve a mission. 

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment