"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Sunday, September 1, 2013

sunday's are the best.

I made the goal before my mission to make sure that on Sunday's I would try my absolute hardest to contact my recent converts, the people that I had the privilege to teach on my mission. I got to call/text a few of them today, one in particular being Dylan. Dylan was someone that I got to teach over the phone in the teaching center during my time serving in the Los Angeles Visitors Center. After knowing for himself that the church was indeed the only true church on the earth today, he made that decision to follow the example of Jesus Christ to be baptized. Before I left my mission, he was telling me how he was starting to help some sister missionaries in his ward by being a friend to one of their investigators. Well, today on the phone he told me that that investigator now has a baptismal date in November!! And if things go according to plan...he'll be the one to baptize him :)

Even though I'm home from the mission, I try so hard to keep it close to my heart. I think about my companions constantly, especially Sister Quinonez since she was my last one. I think of my recent converts and what I can do to help them continue to be converted in the gospel. I make sure that I have my daily scripture study and that my prayers are sincere and honest. But what seems to be helping the most is just reconnecting with everyone that I got to teach and help. Hearing of their success brings pure joy and only motivates me to try and be a better example for them.

Today at church I felt the spirit really strong for the first time in a while. The lessons were great and the testimonies were heartfelt. Going up there to share my testimony felt good - I miss doing that on a daily basis. I'm just grateful to know about the Plan of Salvation which is a perfect plan that God has for each one of us because He loves us. I'm grateful to know that one day, I truly can return back to the presence of my Heavenly Father again. I'm grateful to know that I don't have to be perfect in this life. All He expects of me is to follow His son, Jesus Christ and to be obedient in keeping His commandments.

Today was my first "test" (if you want to call it that) on how I would choose to keep the Sabbath day holy. Choosing to fast for a full two meals was hard, but I was able to do it. Then a walk to the temple and back with Adam just made it an even more perfect day. I really do love Sunday's and how it's suppose to be a day of rest where we can ponder on Jesus Christ and all that He truly has done for us.



Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment