"And returned missionaries, find your old missionary tag. Don't wear it, but put it where you can see it. The Lord needs you now more than ever to be an instrument in His hands. All of us have a contribution to make to this miracle." - Elder Neil L. Andersen

Thursday, September 5, 2013

vocal point.

I don't know why but I have been completely lazy/extremely exhausted all day today. I only had one class and took my sweet time getting ready this morning. I caught up with people after classes and FINALLY forced myself to take a nap which led to me starting my homework a lot later then originally planned. But in all honesty, it really wasn't a nap because I was stressed out the entire time. I don't know what it was but everything kind of just hit me hard today.

Usually when I'm stressed I grab my headphones and listen to music. As I did so this evening, the first thing that popped straight to my mind was "vocal point." Vocal Point is an acapella group of BYU men and the music that I have from them are hymns about the Savior, Jesus Christ. I followed that thought and I've noticed that my headache, anxiety and everything else that has been bothering me today all went away. I love how the hymns, sacred music of the Lord, are able to bring peace to ones soul. Where can we turn to peace? One way is by listening to spiritually uplifting music.

One thing that I've been stressed out about is my transition home from my mission. I feel like everyone around me has had these "major" struggles transitioning back but for me...ehh, I have my moments but it really hasn't been that bad. Since it's been a quick and easy adjustment for me, it just makes me feel like a horrible return missionary! But, I just need to remember that everyone goes at different paces just like everyone learns the gospel in different ways. As long as I am consistently reading my scriptures, saying my daily prayers, attending the temple as often as possible then I'm transitioning fine. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

I've thought a lot about persistence today and how if we want things in life...we need to be persistent! Here's a quote by Elder Richard G. Scott that I found, "The treasures of both secular and spiritual knowledge are hidden ones - but hidden from those who do not properly search and strive to find them. ...Spiritual knowledge is not available merely for the asking; even prayers are not enough. It takes persistence and dedication of one's life." Lesson of the day? Be persistent in all things.

Love,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment